Failed to read pipelines yaml file even when in correct folder

Hi,

My pipelines.yml is in the logstash/config folder and I still get this error-

Settings -------------------
[2019-11-21T13:50:15,239][DEBUG][logstash.config.source.multilocal] Reading pipeline configurations from YAML {:location=>"/home/mehak/Documents/logstash-7.4.0/config/pipelines.yml"}
ERROR: Failed to read pipelines yaml file. Location: /home/mehak/Documents/logstash-7.4.0/config/pipelines.yml
usage:
  bin/logstash -f CONFIG_PATH [-t] [-r] [] [-w COUNT] [-l LOG]
  bin/logstash --modules MODULE_NAME [-M "MODULE_NAME.var.PLUGIN_TYPE.PLUGIN_NAME.VARIABLE_NAME=VALUE"] [-t] [-w COUNT] [-l LOG]
  bin/logstash -e CONFIG_STR [-t] [--log.level fatal|error|warn|info|debug|trace] [-w COUNT] [-l LOG]
  bin/logstash -i SHELL [--log.level fatal|error|warn|info|debug|trace]
  bin/logstash -V [--log.level fatal|error|warn|info|debug|trace]
  bin/logstash --help
[2019-11-21T13:50:15,304][ERROR][org.logstash.Logstash    ] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (SystemExit) exit

This is my pipeline.yml file

-  pipeline.id: Nov1test
   pipeline.workers: 1
   path.config: "/home/mehak/Documents/logstash/first-pipeline.config
   pipeline.batch.size: 1

- pipeline.id: another_test
   queue.type: persisted
   path.config: "/home/mehak/Documents/logstash/second-pipeline.config"

And my second-pipeline/first-pipeline.conf files are in logstash folder. What is the issue here?

Make sure that the user that is running logstash has read and execute permissions on every directory that is part of that path, and that it has read permissions for the file.

Got it, I will change the permissions as mentioned. @Badger I am curious if you know anything about this issue in logstash? Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.