Failed to upload elasticsearch logs to elasticsearch/kibana with filebeat module

Hello,

I´m new to elasticsearch and today I tried to send some elasticsearch server logs up to my elastic-stack with filebeat, using filebeat modules.
Unfortunately, it didn´t work...
I don´t know how I can fix this or what's going wrong.
I followed the tutorial step by step.
It would be great if somebody could help me.

Here´s one of the logs I found in elasticsearch logs:

[2019-02-18T08:32:56,130][DEBUG][o.e.a.b.TransportShardBulkAction] [nodeOne] [filebeat-6.5.4-2019.02.18][0] failed to execute bulk item (index) index {[filebeat-6.5.4-2019.02.18][doc][TvSF_2gBl-K6nb03pieQ], source[n/a, actual length: [3.9kb], max length: 2kb]}
org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.MapperParsingException: failed to parse field [@timestamp] of type [date]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.FieldMapper.parse(FieldMapper.java:301) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseObjectOrField(DocumentParser.java:482) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseValue(DocumentParser.java:606) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.innerParseObject(DocumentParser.java:404) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseObjectOrNested(DocumentParser.java:381) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.internalParseDocument(DocumentParser.java:96) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseDocument(DocumentParser.java:69) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentMapper.parse(DocumentMapper.java:280) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.prepareIndex(IndexShard.java:748) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.applyIndexOperation(IndexShard.java:725) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
	at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.applyIndexOperationOnPrimary(IndexShard.java:705) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]

That's my filebeat config:

filebeat.yml:

#=========================== Filebeat inputs =============================

filebeat.inputs:
- type: log
  enabled: false
  paths:
    - /var/log/*.log

#============================= Filebeat modules ===============================
filebeat.config.modules:
  path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml
  reload.enabled: false
#============================== Kibana =====================================
setup.kibana:
  host: "localhost:5601"

#-------------------------- Elasticsearch output ------------------------------
output.elasticsearch:
  hosts: ["localhost:9200"]

processors:
  - add_host_metadata: ~
  - add_cloud_metadata: ~

modules.d config:

- module: elasticsearch
  # Server log
  server:
    enabled: true
    # Set custom paths for the log files. If left empty,
    # Filebeat will choose the paths depending on your OS.
    var.paths: 
        - C:/ELK/Test/data/elasticsearch.log.*

gc:
    #var.paths:

audit:
    #var.paths:

slowlog:
    #var.paths:

deprecation:
    #var.paths:

Which tutorial?

The Configuring Filebeat tutorial.
link to tutorial

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.