Field is filled in stdout but empty in elasticsearch

Hi everyone

I am new to elastic stack and I am trying to parse multiline logs for the first time. (like this)

2018-06-04 13:42:01,436 INFO  (main)  [en.vke.ultil.ServerStateChecker] - Server is not ready yet : Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 127.0.0.1:1099 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]
	at $Proxy11.getServerState(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out

I am using this pattern :
%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} (%{DATA:info}) %{SYSLOG5424SD:service} - %{GREEDYDATA:logmessage}

When I show the output with the stdout codec it is working as I want and I have

Server is not ready yet : Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 127.0.0.1:1099 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]
    	at $Proxy11.getServerState(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out

In the "logmessage" field.
But when I query elasticsearch to see the data, the field is empty and the lines aren't parsed but they written outside the field.

I don't know why it is acting differently so I'm requesting some help or hints to help me fix this.

Thanks !

Try below.

%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} \(%{DATA:info}\) \[%{SYSLOG5424SD:service}\] - %{GREEDYDATA:logmessage}

This is giving me a grok parse failure :frowning:

EDIT : I forgot to mention it in the first post, but my multine pattern is :

codec => multiline {
           pattern => "^%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601} "
           negate => true
           what => "previous"
  }

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.