Filebeat 6.3.2 and logstash 6.2.3 does not work

Someone checked the return compatibility of filebeat-6.3.2 and logstash 6.2.3 versions?

I have ELK a stack. Logstash accepts a stream, puts in redis and behind that from him sends Elasticsearch. Today I tried to adjust work of the applications stated above. Identical configs of filebeat result in different results. Filebeat 6.2.3 sends data to logstash 6.2.3 and I see them in Kibana. BUT Filebeat 6.3.2 doesn't send data with the same config as version 6.2.3

My config:

filebeat.prospectors:
- input_type: log
  paths:
     - /opt/app/applogs/logs/app-logstash.json.log
  json.keys_under_root: true
  json.add_error_key: true
  json.message_key: message
  json.overwrite_keys: true

output.logstash:
  hosts: ["logstashhost:5044"]

Have you checked filebeat/logstash error logs?

How can you tell filebeat does not send logs? Do you check kibana only? Might be an index mapping error.

See breaking changes for 6.3 release: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/libbeat/6.3/breaking-changes-6.3.html#breaking-changes-6.3

Normally filebeat versions index names, so there are no conflicts when upgrading filebeat. Might be you are hidding a mapping error due to breaking changes to the mappings, while trying to index into the same index.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.