Filebeat and Logstash Installation

Hi all,

We have to develop a solution in which we have to give more than 1000 log files of around 2 GB to Logstash for parsing the logs and giving the structured data.

I am planning to use Filebeat to give the logs to logstash.

Please suggest If i can use filebeat and logstash in Windows environment and what should be the required infrastruce for same like hard disk , Ram , Processor etc.

Thanks

Yes, you can use Logstash and Filebeat for this. If you don't have to process the log files in a certain time there are no particular system requirements.

Thanks magnusbaeck

Is there any difference in windows and CentOs/Linux version of logstash and filebeat.

Can we install logstash and filebeat in windows rather than installing it on linux?

Thanks

Is there any difference in windows and CentOs/Linux version of logstash and filebeat.

There are no material differences.

Can we install logstash and filebeat in windows rather than installing it on linux?

Yes, as I said. Linux is the primary platform though, so Windows-specific bugs are less likely to be discovered and may receive less attention.

thanks for the details .

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.