Filebeat as sidecar deployment in K8 cluster

HI ,

So am using spinnaker for deployment of our microservices to Kubernetes cluster.
How to use filebeat as a sidecar pattern with other application to deploy simultaneously?

Hi @Vivek_Samaga,

We normally recommend deploying one instance per node, it should be able to get logs from all the containers in the node: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/filebeat/6.1/running-on-kubernetes.html

That, compared with a sidecar per container will have more performance. Could you explain a little bit more about your use case? We can consider other options here

Best regards

1 Like

So i don't have direct access to the node so i can't use kubectl create command.
We are working on CI/CD implementation with Jenkins to test, build and deploy the docker image to the server groups via spinnaker.
How can I achieve this?
Just like docker filebeat image?

I don't have much experience with Spinnaker, but my understanding is that you can feed it with any Deployment yaml you want?

Yes, I have another question? If we deploy sidecar pattern in Kubernetes and forward the logs to logstash host, would it support?

Sending logs to logstash should work, yes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.