Filebeat code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Appreciate your frustration, it looks like there was a few missteps here that is causing grief :slight_smile:

What is the output from ls -l /var/lib/filebeat/filebeat.keystore?

You can. I would make sure you copy any config you need, look at removing it with the purge option of your installer (eg apt/yum/etc). Then a new install as per the docs - Filebeat quick start: installation and configuration | Filebeat Reference [8.11] | Elastic

I get

ls: cannot access '/var/lib/filebeat/filebeat.keystore': Permission denied

So is it not there or do I just not have permission?

So, to purge...

I used

sudo dpkg -i filebeat-7.10.0-amd64.deb

to install, so I would use

sudo dpkg -P filebeat-7.10.0-amd64.deb

to purge? Are there any other arguments I should include?

And just to be clear - keystores are used to house secure info, correct? Because I never set anything like that up (intentionally), this is a test system that I'm learning to dump Cisco logs into & run reports on, so I don't mess up our production system. And boy am I glad I did it this way! :slight_smile:

I tried the above command, but I get the following error:

dpkg: error: you mush specify packages by their own names, not by quoting the names of the files they come in

so I ran

sudo dpkg -l

to get a list of package names. I wanted to remove filebeat, so I ran

sudo dpkg -P filebeat

and it was successful. It did not remove the /etc/filebeat/modules.d directory as it was not empty (I'm guessing because I had edited the cisco.yml since installation), so I'll manually delete those & see what happens when I reinstall.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.