FIlebeat doesn't reparse logs

Hey,
I did read a couple of posts here but was not able to get the issue resolved.

I'm using filebeat-1.2.0(downloaded tar) and Logstash2.2.2. I want to force re-parse the files provided in the path section, but that doesn't seem to work.

I stopped file beat. I deleted the .filebeat registry. I start filebeat. I can see the paths I need appear in the registry file, but no parsing happens.

prospectors:

paths: /var/*.log
ignore_older: 0

output:
logstash:
    # The Logstash hosts
    hosts: ["localhost:5044"]

Please let me know if i'm missing something here. Also, tail_files is commented.

Running ./filebeat -v -d * doesn't give any output

can you try ./filebeat -e -v -d '*'

Hey Steffens,
Trying that without -e didn't give any output on the console. Will try the other flag as well and post here if I find any change.

Also, can you thorw more light know where/what other registry files are used.
I always deleted the .filebeat and touch *.log and start filebeat again. Even this didn't allow me to re-parse files..

What I observed was, it was able to parse the directory for log( over 20k files) and get the offset info quickly

registry file stores file meta-data like inode and offset from last lines being published. if deleting '.filebeat' is not working, maybe filebeat is writing the registry file to another location?

I can see the file getting created In the same location when I restart filebeat. So the registry file does get recreated. But it doesn't somehow re-parse the log files..And only iff new data is written to one of these files will I see an event in logstash

Or are there multiple places for a registry file? I haven't modified the block for registry file, just using the default

It is interesting coz the registry file just get recreated with the offsets and inode info for a huge log collection in a matter of seconds like it knew where it last left off from

there is just one registry file used by filebeat. Without debug log I've no idea what's actually happening.

Also, can u throw more light on the ignore_older parmater. If the requirement is to re-parse logs all the time,should that be set to a very large number or 0?

Next, we want to monitor a directory which keeps getting logs files in the order of thousands per day, what should be some explicit parameters like close_older, which are good to have..

Let me give you repro tomorrow, after passing the debug flags. Like I had mentioned, tried using -d before and didn't see any output. Will re try and let you know..