Filebeat has problem to record new lines separated

Hi

I have following lines, and I am using filebeat to publish this data to logstash and then trying to extract values using grok in Logstash filter, untell now every thing is good (new pattern, multiline config , etc...) the problem is the filebeat record my 2 lines bouth in one single line. i tryed to elemenate /n or /t but i could't get results. Look on my config to make a pictue about the problem .
Could you please advise?

my Log-lines:

[10/8/18 13:14:46:537 CEST] 0000007a SystemOut     O CIWEB Warn : [ls89ta(unknown) @ 10.16.60.8] de.abc.response.ImportContactsChoiceList.executeFilter() User with bensl=QJREQ7K not found.
[10/29/18 20:31:54:185 CET] 00000000 ResourceMgrIm E   WSVR0017E: Error encountered binding the J2EE resource, CNMailSession, as mail/CNMailSession from /opt/websphere-80/profiles/n1filenet80a/config/cells/filenet80a/resources.xml
com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.binder.ResourceBindingException: invalid configuration passed to resource binding logic. REASON: No transport or store protocol defined for mail session CNMailSession
	at com.ibm.ws.mail.resource.server.SessionBinder.getBindingObject(SessionBinder.java:223)

my filebeat:

filebeat.inputs:

- type: log
  paths:
    - /home/badr/Dev/oktobertest/giam.log

multiline.pattern: '\[[0-9]{1}/[0-9]{2}/[0-9]{2}'
  multiline.negate: true
  multiline.match: after
  fields:
   log_type: SystemOut-JVM
   document_type: SystemOut-JVM
   environment: prod

output.logstash:
    hosts: ["localhost:5044"]

filebeat output:

"host": {
    "name": "badr-VirtualBox"
  },
  "source": "/home/badr/Dev/oktobertest/giam.log",
  "offset": 714,
  "message": "[10/8/18 13:14:46:537 CEST] 0000007a SystemOut     O CIWEB Warn : [ls22ta(unknown) @ 10.16.60.8] de.abc.response.ImportContactsChoiceList.executeFilter() User with bensl=QJREQ7K not found.\n[10/29/18 20:31:54:185 CET] 00000000 ResourceMgrIm E   WSVR0017E: Error encountered binding the J2EE resource, CNMailSession, as mail/CNMailSession from /opt/websphere-80/profiles/n1filenet80a/config/cells/filenet80a/resources.xml\ncom.ibm.ws.runtime.component.binder.ResourceBindingException: invalid configuration passed to resource binding logic. REASON: No transport or store protocol defined for mail session CNMailSession\n\tat com.ibm.ws.mail.resource.server.SessionBinder.getBindingObject(SessionBinder.java:223)\n\n\n",
  "prospector": {
    "type": "log"
  },
  "input": {
    "type": "log"
  },
  "fields": {
    "log_type": "SystemOut-JVM",
    "document_type": "SystemOut-JVM",
    "environment": "prod"
  }

if you chek the output you can see that filed message includes all of the 2 lines and not separately as it should be done.

The issue here appears to be a bad pattern. The correct pattern for this use case is multiline.pattern: '^\[[0-9]{1,2}/[0-9]{2}/[0-9]{2}'.

Notice how the month is either 1 or 2 digits (not exactly one as in the given example) and that the pattern is anchored to the start of the line with ^.

@Andrew_Cholakian1 yes you are right. Thank you, it work now.
That was pattern error.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.