Filebeat Invalid Frame Type Error

Hi All

I have ELK stack running on AWS and i wanted to get logs from my windows PC as a filebeat stream so i installed filebeat in that windows host when i run my logstash configuration i get the fallowing error

[2018-05-24T06:34:18,140][INFO ][org.logstash.beats.BeatsHandler] Exception: org.logstash.beats.BeatsParser$InvalidFrameProtocolException: Invalid Frame Type, received: 84, from: /[My WindowsHost IP]:51701
[2018-05-24T06:34:34,296][INFO ][org.logstash.beats.BeatsHandler] Exception: org.logstash.beats.BeatsParser$InvalidFrameProtocolException: Invalid Frame Type, received: 69, from: /[My WindowsHost IP]:51702
[2018-05-24T06:34:34,297][INFO ][org.logstash.beats.BeatsHandler] Exception: org.logstash.beats.BeatsParser$InvalidFrameProtocolException: Invalid Frame Type, received: 84, from: /[My WindowsHost IP]:51702

because its getting my windows host ip, logstash is getting the filebeat stream but port number is different from one to another as the stream goes

but in my windows host filebeat config has logstash output like this

hosts: ["http://AWS-EIP:5044"]

Any ideas ???

Can you tell us the filebeat and logstash versions ?

The discrepancy about the port numbers comes from the fact that logstash is logging the client address (that is filebeat), not it's own address.

Im using version 5.6.9 for everything

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.