Filebeat not shipping files

I am migrating from a very old version of the logstash shipper to Filebeat but it won't enable my log prospector.

018-07-12T15:30:32.002+0100 INFO crawler/crawler.go:82 Loading and starting Prospectors completed. Enabled prospectors: 0

I just can see where the problem lies. The file exists, it is under 24 hours old and enabled is set to true. I am only outputting to Redis. Logstash and Elasticsearch have been commented out.

The important parts of my config are as follows:

• type: log

Change to true to enable this input configuration.

enabled: true

Paths that should be crawled and fetched. Glob based paths.

paths:

• /a/logfile/location/that/exists

Exclude lines. A list of regular expressions to match. It drops the lines that are

matching any regular expression from the list.

#exclude_lines: ['^DBG']

Include lines. A list of regular expressions to match. It exports the lines that are

matching any regular expression from the list.

#include_lines: ['^ERR', '^WARN']

Exclude files. A list of regular expressions to match. Filebeat drops the files that

are matching any regular expression from the list. By default, no files are dropped.

#exclude_files: ['.gz$']

Optional additional fields. These fields can be freely picked

to add additional information to the crawled log files for filtering

#fields:

level: debug

review: 1

Multiline options

Mutiline can be used for log messages spanning multiple lines. This is common

for Java Stack Traces or C-Line Continuation

The regexp Pattern that has to be matched. The example pattern matches all lines starting with [

multiline.pattern: ^%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601}

Defines if the pattern set under pattern should be negated or not. Default is false.

multiline.negate: true

Match can be set to "after" or "before". It is used to define if lines should be append to a pattern

that was (not) matched before or after or as long as a pattern is not matched based on negate.

Note: After is the equivalent to previous and before is the equivalent to to next in Logstash

multiline.match: after

and I am outputting to Redis

output:
redis:
hosts: ["host:6380"]
save_topology: true
redis.key: "list1"
db: 0
db_topology: 1
timeout: 5
reconnect_interval: 1

I think I have solved it. It would be useful if it actually had a prospectors entry. When I added to following line in bold it worked. I can't really understand why it isn't there in the first place.

filebeat.inputs:

Each - is an input. Most options can be set at the input level, so

you can use different inputs for various configurations.

Below are the input specific configurations.

filebeat.prospectors:

• type: log

Change to true to enable this input configuration.

enabled: false

Paths that should be crawled and fetched. Glob based paths.

paths:

Unfortunately the formatting does not really make it visible what you changed. Please reformat and use 3 ticks before and after your config parts.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.