Filter postgresql ERROR, FATAL, PANIC messages from postgresql logs

Hi community,

Is there any way to filter only ERROR, FATAL and PANIC messages from Postgresql logs?

appreciate any help!

Regards
Patrick

Assuming you have the log level at the front of the message followed by a colon you could do it using

dissect { mapping => { "message" => "%{[@metadata][loglevel]}: %{}" } }
if [@metadata][loglevel] not in [ "ERROR", "FATAL", "PANIC" ] { drop {} }

Hi Badger, thanks for your tip!

The logs look like the following:

FATAL:
< 2021-03-14 20:51:01.683 CET ngapp sup1 [unknown] 18825 > FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections

ERROR:
< 2021-03-30 00:18:59.623 CEST ngapp sup1 AppT 31253 > ERROR: column table.col6 does not exist at character 783
< 2021-03-30 00:18:59.623 CEST ngapp sup1 AppT 31253 > STATEMENT: select table.col1 as col_1_, table.col2 as col_2, table.col6 as col_6 from Table table where table.col4=$1

I would need to catch the STATEMENT as well.

OK, so I would probably adjust the dissect to be

dissect { mapping => { "message" => "< %{[@metadata][timestamp]} %{+[@metadata][timestamp]}  %{+[@metadata][timestamp]}  %{appname} %{field1} [%{field2}] %{number} > %{loglevel}: %{logMessage}"

If you want to keep the STATEMENT line then add "STATEMENT" to the array with the others

if [loglevel] not in [ "ERROR", "FATAL", "PANIC", "STATEMENT" ] { drop {} }

The joda timezone page does not list CEST as one it supports (it does support CET) so I would parse the date using

mutate {
    gsub => [
        "[@metadata][timestamp]", " CEST$", " +02:00",
        "[@metadata][timestamp]", " CET$", " +01:00" ]
    ]
}
date { match => [ "[@metadata][timestamp]", "YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS ZZ" ] }

Thanks a lot for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.