Filter span documents with transaction.name

Hi,

I want to create a visualization which provides span details for a given transaction name(as filter). I am not able to achieve this because transaction.name is not present in span document.
Since transaction.id is part of span document, it makes sense to also have transaction.name there. Is it possible to add this field in span documents?

Thanks,
Shashank

Hello,

That functionality is provided in the dedicated APM UI, have you found it?
If so, is there any why that doesn't work for you?

Juan

Thanks Juan for the response. I know about that functionality in the dedicated APM UI. But there are some visualizations which are not present in that dashboard. Couple of visualizations which I need:

1. Show top latency database calls for the selected transaction.
  2. Show top latency external calls for the selected transaction.
    Above both options can be achieved for a transaction id but can't be done for a transaction. Is there any visualization mentioned above being build for the dedicated APM dashboard?

Thanks,
Shashank

Sorry for the late answer. The problem is that the transaction.name can be changed after some spans are already sent to APM Server. That's why we can't include the transaction.name in spans.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.