Finding deprecated functions

We use ELK 7.10. Start version was 7.7. A version prior to 7.7 was not installed/used.

Logfiles will be parsed by filebeat and sent over logstash to elasticsearch.

It seems that a specific call in logstash causes a message in elasticsearch's deprecation log. I assume that creating the fingerprint in logstash to identify duplicate documents causes the message "Specifying types in bulk requests is deprecated." Why does this occur? Another message is "Specifying include_type_name in get index template requests is deprecated." We do not specify this property. After hours of research I could not find any hint for a solution to avoid those "deprecated"-messages. Those messages are really annoying, because they spam the logfile which becomes bigger and bigger with useless information. The information that would be interesting is missing: function or config setting that causes the message. After all, I disabled deprecation logging in log4j2.properties. But this should only be an intermediate solution. What can I do to find the cause of those deprecation messages and create a remedy?

The bulk request message is an open issue. Not sure on the other one.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.