Forcing an index to rolleout to warm phase

Hello, I have an index which is 4.2GB large and at the moment I have upgraded the filebeat a new index was created. Now the ILM rolleout settings is for 10G therefore this index will never meet the threshold required for the rolleout. Is there any way I can manually roll it out?

This might help: Move to lifecycle step API | Elasticsearch Guide [7.13] | Elastic

I have tried it and it fails. Don't know exactly why.

POST _ilm/move/filebeat-7.13.2-2021.06.30-000001
{
  "current_step": {
    "phase" : "hot",
    "action": "rollover"
    , "name": "filebeat"
  },
  "next_step": { 
    "phase": "warm",
    "action": "forcemerge",
    "name": "filebeat"
  }
}
{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "illegal_argument_exception",
        "reason" : "index [filebeat-7.13.2-2021.06.30-000001] is not on current step [{\"phase\":\"hot\",\"action\":\"rollover\",\"name\":\"filebeat\"}], currently: [{\"phase\":\"hot\",\"action\":\"rollover\",\"name\":\"check-rollover-ready\"}]"
      }
    ],
    "type" : "illegal_argument_exception",
    "reason" : "index [filebeat-7.13.2-2021.06.30-000001] is not on current step [{\"phase\":\"hot\",\"action\":\"rollover\",\"name\":\"filebeat\"}], currently: [{\"phase\":\"hot\",\"action\":\"rollover\",\"name\":\"check-rollover-ready\"}]"
  },
  "status" : 400
}

check the current step via the ilm status API.

I am feeling that the name is what is causing the issue and I have no names in the ilm/explain output as the documentation suggests.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.