Fs snapshot permission issues inside a kubernetes cluster

Hi Team,

I'm trying to take snapshot of elasticsearch which is deployed inside a kubernetes cluster.

I'm trying to take backup on file system whereas Im getting below error.
I understand that the default user will be elasticsearch, so while mounting the volume
Error:
{ "type": "repository_verification_exception", "reason": "[my_backup] [[Vy3xhG9OQ5SaHo5oIEYK0w, 'RemoteTransportException[[elasticsearch-master-1][10.233.93.69:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[my_backup] a file written by master to the store [/usr/share/elasticsearch/backups] cannot be accessed on the node [{elasticsearch-master-1}{Vy3xhG9OQ5SaHo5oIEYK0w}{sflWWtUaTw-qeecII-tdTg}{10.233.93.69}{10.233.93.69:9300}]. This might indicate that the store [/usr/share/elasticsearch/backups] is not shared between this node and the master node or that permissions on the store don't allow reading files written by the master node];'], [K89SLsu7RMS8fIey2P0ihw, 'RemoteTransportException[[elasticsearch-master-0][10.233.102.120:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[my_backup] a file written by master to the store [/usr/share/elasticsearch/backups] cannot be accessed on the node [{elasticsearch-master-0}{K89SLsu7RMS8fIey2P0ihw}{WP14RXVoQemhwaFFUYKRcg}{10.233.102.120}{10.233.102.120:9300}]. This might indicate that the store [/usr/share/elasticsearch/backups] is not shared between this node and the master node or that permissions on the store don't allow reading files written by the master node];']]" }

Also including the volumeMount security context:
"securityContext": { "privileged": true, "runAsUser": 1000 }
Any leads would be more helpful.

Thanks in Advance!

Please don't post pictures of text, they are difficult to read, impossible to search and replicate (if it's code), and some people may not be even able to see them :slight_smile:

A volume/path mounted for snapshots must be available - read+write - on all nodes in the cluster. It cannot just be a local path on a single node.

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have deployed Elastic search as Statefulset, I wonder how the volume is not shared.

Thanks
Rajashree

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.