Functionbeat failing to deploy due to Alphanumeric Error

I'm trying to deploy Functionbeat with CloudWatch triggers that have dashes and underscores. I'm unable to do so, as I get an error message saying:

Function: elasticfunctionbeat, could not deploy, error: ValidationError: Template format error: Resource name fnbelasticfunctionbeatSubscriptionFilterawslambdanovaaccountmusacancel_pre_configure is non alphanumeric.

I understand this ValidationError is caused by AWS's restrictions to Alphanumeric names for Resources in CloudFormation (AWS).

The original log group that the Functionbeat is subscribed to is: /aws/lambda/nova-account-musa-cancel_pre_configure

The CloudFormation resource that was created is the following:

"fnbelasticfunctionbeatSubscriptionFilterawslambdanovaaccountmusaupdate_status_info": {
      "Properties": {
        "DestinationArn": {
          "Fn::GetAtt": [
            "fnbelasticfunctionbeat",
            "Arn"
          ]
        },
        "FilterPattern": "",
        "LogGroupName": "/aws/lambda/nova-account-musa-update_status_info"
      },
      "Type": "AWS::Logs::SubscriptionFilte
    }
  }

Looking at the CloudFormation resource that Functionbeat creates from the functionbeat.yml, the dashes get converted to "" but the underscores remain underscores, causing the ValidationError.

Version: functionbeat-6.5.2-darwin-x86_64

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thats a bug on our side that should be either catched by our config or normalized, would you mind creating an issue on our bug tracker at https://github.com/elastic/beats

How long does it usually take to get a response/acknowledgement from the development team?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.