Gce plugin configuration as command arguments

Hello,

For various reasons I have to run multiple elasticsearch cluster instances within the same boxes therefore I spin up each cluster as a command line with configurable arguments. I need to configure the gce plugin for autodiscovery. Any suggestion how to do that?

Thanks in advance.
Peter

You can't really do that.

GCE plugin expects only one machine running.

Related: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/plugins/current/cloud-gce-usage-discovery-port.html

Thanks, I actually find out that the issue I am having is not related to autodiscovery. For some reason I have a number of unallocated shards. Since at the first glance all the unallocated shards were from the same nodes I assumed that the autodiscovery is not working. Now I need to figure out how to fix the unallocated shards thing.

If I set the number of replicas to 0 that mean no replication then there are no unallocated shards but as soon as I increase the number of replications the unallocated shards would pop up.

Any suggestions?

Do you have more than one data node? if not you will always have a yellow condition as the replica cannot be on the same node as data?
I had that same problem when I first started learning Elasticsearch with a one node cluster.

I am running a 3 node cluster, I do not specify the number of the data nodes. Therefore I am assuming that all the nodes are data nodes.