Geo-distance ranges

Hi!

I'm somewhat new to Elastic and however I can now use the geo-distance queries and geo filters, I would like to ask if there is any way to get distance between areas.

What I mean is, say I have a person at X:Y and have a maximum range of 50kms, that this person is willing to travel. Now I have another one at X1:Y1, who says his range is 10kms. Lets say that the two points are exactly 55kms away from each other.

Now I know it sounds weird, but can I find the mentioned user as a viable result for the other one? Like if we had two venn diagrams and since they have an intersection, we have a match.

Thank you for any answers in advance!

How about combining two geo-distance queries in one bool query?

Thanks for the quick reply and the idea. We'll try it and see if it fits our needs, but seems promising.

Not sure, if you ment to combine two (or more) geo_distance filters, but doing so within a "must" array did the trick. So if anyone tries to achieve something similar, I can confirm this works.

Thank you very much, again, for the quick help!

If you want intersection, then you have to, indeed, put both queries into the must array.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.