Geo_point property (timestamp) is not displaying in tooltip

Hello experts,
I am a newbie to Elastic Maps. I have 3 dimension multiple geo_points i.e. lat, lon & timestamp. I would like to plot the co-ords in Maps and timestamp to be displayed in tool tip. Somehow i could not get the timestamp in tooltip. I don't know want is wrong. pls help

Elastic version : 7.5.1 Kibana version : 7.5.1

Elastic Mapping:
 "route": {
            "properties": {
                "coords": {
                    "type": "geo_point"
                },
                "timestamp": {
                    "type": "text",
                    "fields": {
                        "keyword": {
                            "type": "keyword",
                            "ignore_above": 256
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
Sample data:
 {
"route": [
        {
            "coords": [
            ],
            "timestamp": "1574058343449148"
        },
        {
            ],
            "timestamp": "1574058344444382"
        },
        {
            ],
            "timestamp": "1574058345443957"
        }
    ]
}
In tool tip:
-------------

Have you tried creating individual documents per element of route from an array?

In your browsers dev tools, can you open the network tab. You should see a request to fetch the tooltip fields when you mouse over a marker. What does this request return?

Hello,

I tried creating individual documents for each co-ordinates of a route (array). I could get the tool tip with timestamp as you mentioned. Ex:

If we create individual documents for each co-ordinates of a route, I am bit worried about the scalability as I have million of routes with each route has approx 500 - 1000 co-ordinates. whats your view ?

Thanks for your support !!!

I do not think there is a performance difference from storing objects in an array vs breaking those objects into multiple documents. In either case, Elasticsearch is indexing the properties of objects in the array, https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/array.html.

You need to map the field as date in order for Kibana to treat the field as a date and format the the value as expected.

1 Like

ok, I will go ahead with breaking co-ords and index as separate documents with field as date, Many thanks for your support.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.