Get the keyword positions for all matched docs with just ONE search query

I'm been wrestling with this problem for days.

For example, if I have

doc_id1:"thor marvel",
doc_id2:"spiderman thor",
doc_id3:"the avengers captain america ironman thor"

three documents in elastic search, and do a search query for "thor", I want it to tell me where keyword "thor" is found in each document, like { doc_id1: 1, doc_id2: 2, doc_id3: 6} as the desired result.

I have two possible solution on top of my head now:

1. figure out a way to put the _vectorterm info (which includes all the positions/offsets for each token/word of the document) into _source, so that I can directly access _vectorterm info in my normal search result. I can then construct the (doc, position) list outside elasticsearch. Normally, you can only access _vectorterm info for a single document at a time given the index/type/id, which is why it's tricky. That should be the ideal way to achieve the goal

2. figure out a way to trigger an action whenever a new document is added. This action will scan through all the tokens/words in the new document, create a new "token" index(if it doesn't exist) and append (doc_id, position) pair to it like
    { keyword:"thor" [ doc_id1:1,doc_id2:2,doc_id3:6] }.
    So that I just need to search for "thor" among keywords indexes and then get the (doc, position) lists. This seems to be even harder and less optimal.

Sadly, I don't know how to do either one. I'll appreciate it if someone can give me some help on this. Many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.