Getting information Aruba IAP-207

Hi All,
Good afternoon
After adding filebeat and auditbeat to my linux host, now I wanted to try out getting details from access point "Aruba IAP-207" .
Guidance requested for the any documentation URL which talks about integrating accesspoints to elastic search
Any one used "Aruba IAP-207" with elasticseach, requesting for their feedback also
thanks
Joseph John

Hi @Joseph_John,

We have Packetbeat for monitoring network traffic. You can find the reference materials here.

thanks Kerry, will try to explore and give feedback to the forum
thanks
Joseph John

Hi Kerry,
Good morning
I read the docs, did not get any idea on how to take the information from the network devices (like cisco, aurba) to elastic search.
Was wondering If I had missed some links
If you can help me with a example based links for networking devices, please share.

thanks
Joseph John

Hi @Joseph_John,

what kind of information do you want to ingest? Does the AP generate syslog logs, for example? Or does it have an API to fetch operational metrics?

Thanks Felix
this setup is for exploring, I can even start with the basic, like getting the the logs,
About the APi, I do not information whether this devices have API, I will check for it
Other than API, how else I can take the logs from the device and put it to the ELK

thanks
Joseph John

A common way to get information out of such network devices is to use syslog. As far as I can tell some Aruba devices support sending syslog UDP packets. You could try to set up filebeat with an enabled syslog input on a host and configure your Aruba device to send the syslog rfc3164 output to that host.

1 Like

Thanks Felix,
I will work on your advice, once done I will update
thanks for the advice
Joseph John

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.