Getting only items from "array_compare" condition is met

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get IP-address that is been used to register more that 2 users and flag the IP as anomolous.
I tried to do "aggs" by grouping by IPaddress with the "array_compare" condition.
Once the condition is met on some of my array values, I need the related action to take only those values and not all of them for reporting purposes.

Condition:

"condition": {
    "array_compare": {
      "ctx.payload.aggregations.group_by_ip.buckets": {
        "path": "doc_count",
        "gte": {
          "value": 2,
          "quantifier": "some"
        }
      }
    }
  }

Here is my action:

"actions": {
    "email_administrator": {
        "email": {
        "profile": "standard",
        "from": "'****'",
        "priority": "high",
        "to": [
          "'***'"
        ],
        "subject": "Model - Encountered Multiple SUR - Successful User Registration",
        "body": {
          "text": "The IP [{{#ctx.payload.aggregations.group_by_ip.buckets}}{{key}} {{/ctx.payload.aggregations.group_by_ip.buckets}}] spiked usage with [{{#ctx.payload.aggregations.group_by_ip.buckets}}{{doc_count}} {{/ctx.payload.aggregations.group_by_ip.buckets}}]"
        }
      }
    }
  }

I see from other posts that I need to do script transform that does this filtering. Can anyone please provide me sample of how to do that?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!
SV

Hey,

you need to do another script transform here, something like

ctx.payload.aggregations.group_by_ip.buckets.stream().filter(b -> b.doc_count > 2).collect(Collectors.toList));

however some aggregations also support the min_doc_count parameter, which could be used instead, allowing you to check if there are any buckets at all and not needing to do any manual filtering.

--Alex

Hello Alex,

Appreciate your response. This is one awesome forum!!!

I was able to a transform like below.

"transform": {
        "script": {
          "source": "List l = new ArrayList(); int count=1; for(item in ctx.payload.aggregations.group_by_email.buckets) { if(item.doc_count>1){l.add(item); count++;}} return ['user_info':l];",
          "lang": "painless"
        }
      }

I know this overwrites the original payload, I need some information from original payload.

This transform will get me Ip-addresses that is been used to register more than 2 users.The transformed payload only has IPaddress and doc_count, now I need email_address for these records that is there in original payload.

How can I get the information in the original payload along with the aggregations payload?

Thanks!
SV

hey,

you can just attach the original payload as well, like

x = ctx.payload;
x.user_info = l;
return x;

Hey Alex,

That worked. Thanks so much.

SV

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.