Getting spammed with "No active transaction, skip creating span for outgoing HTTP request" message

Hello,
- dotnet sdk 5.301
- Agent is Elastic.Apm.NetCoreAll 1.11.0
- Apm Server docker image: docker.elastic.co/apm/apm-server:7.13.2.

After instrumenting my projects, I get thousands of these messages:

[06:57:48 DBG] {HttpConnectionDiagnosticsListener} No active transaction, skip creating span for outgoing HTTP request [06:57:49 DBG] {HttpDiagnosticListenerCoreImpl} ProcessStopEvent called with no active current transaction, url: http://elasticsearch:9200/_bulk - skipping event

I'm new to Elastic Apm, and I'm not sure where to look. I've taken a look at those messages in Kibana, but they don't have much context, so I don't know what's causing them. I've taken a look at the network traffic in the app container, but all the http requests seem to be related to Elastic. The application is running but with no load. Apart from the HttpConnectionDiagnosticListner, I also see these log entries, which seem to be expected:

[07:04:41 DBG] {PayloadSenderV2} Sent items to server:
Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet,
Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet
[07:04:35 DBG] {PayloadSenderV2} Enqueued MetricSet. newEventQueueCount: 6. MaxQueueEventCount: 1000. MetricSet: Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet.
[07:04:35 DBG] {MetricsCollector} Metrics collected: Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet, Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet, Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet, Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet, Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet, Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet
[07:04:35 DBG] {PayloadSenderV2} Enqueued MetricSet. newEventQueueCount: 1. MaxQueueEventCount: 1000. MetricSet: Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet.
[07:04:35 DBG] {PayloadSenderV2} Enqueued MetricSet. newEventQueueCount: 2. MaxQueueEventCount: 1000. MetricSet: Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet.
[07:04:35 DBG] {PayloadSenderV2} Enqueued MetricSet. newEventQueueCount: 3. MaxQueueEventCount: 1000. MetricSet: Elastic.Apm.Metrics.MetricSet.

Thanks in advance.

I've moved this question to the right sub-forum that's monitored by the .NET agent team.

This is a debug message. The debug log level is expected to be quite verbose. Can you set the level to info instead?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.