Getting watch history automatically

Hi,

I was looking at creating a watch that watches the other watches, indexing the last status of the watch (last triggered and last fired etc.) and sending out an email should a watch not fire when it should have.

Kibana has an undocumented API which is accessed when you load up the Watcher page (host.domain/api/watcher/watches), however this API isn't accessible through the Dev Tools console or by a watch. I have attempted to use a https request in the watch however I have run into a certification error.

sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Is there another way of automating the access without fixing the certificate error? I want to avoid having to fix this certificate error as I would have to liaise with the ELK stack owner which may take a few days and requires a restart of the cluster which is my last resort. I am also unsure if this would fix the problem.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.