Going through elasticsearch examples, unable to "Search"

Hello -- I'm a newbie to elasticsearch, but I was able to get 0.19.4 off of
github and compiled with mvn and running OK.

I'm able to do all of the examples from the 'home' page of elasticsearch
(kimchy, tweet, etc.) but when I try to do a search, I get this:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.elasticsearch.search.internal.InternalSearchRequest.types([Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/elasticsearch/search/internal/InternalSearchRequest;
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchHelper.internalSearchRequest(TransportSearchHelper.java:55)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:204)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:191)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:177)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

I am running elasticsearch by itslef with: elasticsearch -f. I'm on OS X
Lion with Java 1.6.0_31, and mvn 3.0.3. Thanks for your time...

You should try to download the official release instead of building it yourself.

See download page on ES site.

HTH
David :wink:
Twitter : @dadoonet / @elasticsearchfr

Le 18 juin 2012 à 08:11, Elijah Windsor ewindsor@gmail.com a écrit :

Hello -- I'm a newbie to elasticsearch, but I was able to get 0.19.4 off of github and compiled with mvn and running OK.

I'm able to do all of the examples from the 'home' page of elasticsearch (kimchy, tweet, etc.) but when I try to do a search, I get this:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.elasticsearch.search.internal.InternalSearchRequest.types([Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/elasticsearch/search/internal/InternalSearchRequest;
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchHelper.internalSearchRequest(TransportSearchHelper.java:55)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:204)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:191)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:177)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

I am running elasticsearch by itslef with: elasticsearch -f. I'm on OS X Lion with Java 1.6.0_31, and mvn 3.0.3. Thanks for your time...