Groovy & Multiple term filters problem

Im using Groovy. With the following query below im getting the error (bold). can anyone tell me where I am going wrong with my query,
cheers

Class
java.lang.NullPointerException
Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object

query {
filtered {
query {
query_string (query: query_terms)
}
filter {
and {
filters [{
term {
subject = params.subject
}
}
{
term {
provid = params.provider
}
}]
_name = "is_this_needed"
}
}

}
}
}
facets {
subject {
terms {
field = 'subject'
}
}
provider {
terms {
field = 'provid'
}
}
}

Maybe its the part that transforms the closure to a json? Where is the
failure coming from? If so, I just took that code from grails, it seems to
have its quirks, not sure why since I am not a groovy expert...

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Mark Johnson Mark@k-int.com wrote:

Im using Groovy. With the following query below im getting the error
(bold). can anyone tell me where I am going wrong with my query,
cheers

Class
java.lang.NullPointerException
Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object

query {
filtered {
query {
query_string (query: query_terms)
}
filter {
and {
filters [{
term {
subject =
params.subject
}
}
{
term {
provid =
params.provider
}
}]
_name = "is_this_needed"
}
}
}
}
}
facets {
subject {
terms {
field = 'subject'
}
}
provider {
terms {
field = 'provid'
}
}
}

--
View this message in context:
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Groovy-Multiple-term-filters-problem-tp3675518p3675518.html
Sent from the Elasticsearch Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

The problem comes at the line:

filters [{

It doesnt seem to like the array use

would it be useful for me to print the Trace here?

Keep in mind that what you're writing is groovy, not actual JSON.
JSONBuilder (grails) is there to provide a DSL. I typically just write pure
groovy code because of all the JSONBuilder quirks. It also makes modifying
query objects easier.

Try converting your filter object to a groovy map. This is essentially what
JSONBuilder would produce anyway (a map from a closure).

filters [
[term:[subject:params.subject]],
[term:[provid:params.provider]]
]

You can rewrite the entire query as a map.

Thanks Eric I'll give this a go on Monday

Heya all.. I've been looking at this for mark over the weekend... The stack-trace is attached below. It seems to cleanly describe the method calls assigned via the metaClass. Reading the code for GCContextBuilder there are some references to an element() call that I can't quite put into context... If anyone can point me in the right direction I'm more than happy to dig deeper...

Eric, you suggest compiling a pure json object, but I can't see a way to pass a pure groovy map through GClient... Are you suggesting doing away with GClient altogether and then just using a http client to post a manually constructed json object at the server?

Cheers all, any ideas most welcome!

Ian.

Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object. Stacktrace follows:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object
at com.k_int.xcri.SearchController$_index_closure1_closure3_closure4_closure6_closure8_closure9$$ENMgvvLk.doCall(SearchController.groovy:54)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.common.xcontent.GXContentBuilder.handleClosureNode(GXContentBuilder.groovy:156)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.common.xcontent.GXContentBuilder.invokeMethod(GXContentBuilder.groovy:118)
at com.k_int.xcri.SearchController$_index_closure1_closure3_closure4_closure6_closure8$$ENMgvvLk.doCall(SearchController.groovy:52)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.common.xcontent.GXContentBuilder.handleClosureNode(GXContentBuilder.groovy:156)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.common.xcontent.GXContentBuilder.invokeMethod(GXContentBuilder.groovy:118)
at com.k_int.xcri.SearchController$_index_closure1_closure3_closure4_closure6$$ENMgvvLk.doCall(SearchController.groovy:51)
at com.k_int.xcri.SearchController$_index_closure1_closure3_closure4$$ENMgvvLk.doCall(SearchController.groovy:47)
at com.k_int.xcri.SearchController$_index_closure1_closure3$$ENMgvvLk.doCall(SearchController.groovy:45)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.common.xcontent.GXContentBuilder.buildRoot(GXContentBuilder.groovy:73)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.common.xcontent.GXContentBuilder.build(GXContentBuilder.groovy:47)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.common.xcontent.GXContentBuilder.buildAsBytes(GXContentBuilder.groovy:63)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.client.GClient$__clinit__closure15.doCall(GClient.groovy:107)
at com.k_int.xcri.SearchController$_index_closure1$$ENMgvvLk.doCall(SearchController.groovy:42)
at org.elasticsearch.groovy.client.GClient.search(GClient.groovy:308)
at com.k_int.xcri.SearchController$$ENMgvvLk.index(SearchController.groovy:82)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)