Group docs with same internal ID and then aggregate in to buckets by number of matches

I have index called "events", where each doc is different event. Events are generated by devices, which have internal ID's.

I want to group events by "deviceId", and then aggregate them by number of events they generated. Buckets may be "0-10", if particular device generated from 0 to 10 events (docs), and "10-100", "100-1000", "1000+" respectively.

It seems, I need "Pipeline Aggregations", but since I'm completely new to elastic, it's look little bit too tricky, and I can't find right query for this. Already tried a lot of different combinations with different level of nesting.

In the result, I wan't to count how many devices are presented in each group of this range buckets. DeviceId's also need to be available inside buckets, if I will want to get device list, or particular device details (both will be new queries and unrelated with this one).

Here is example code which for sure is not working:

GET events/_search { "size": 0,  "aggs": {
"perMonth": {
"date_histogram": {
"field": "timestamp",
"interval": "1M",
"min_doc_count": 0
},
"aggs": {
"byDevice": {
  "terms": {
    "field": "deviceId"
  }
},
"0-10": {
  "bucket_script": {
    "buckets_path": {
      "count": "byDevice>_count"
    },
    "script": "params.count <= 10"
  }
},
"10-100": {
    },
    "script": "params.count > 10 && params.count >= 100"
  }
},
"100-1000": {
    },
    "script": "params.count > 100 && params.count >= 1000"
  }
},
"1000+": {
    },
    "script": "params.count > 1000"
  }
}
}
}
}
}

As a result I wan't to get:

{ "0-10": { doc_count: n, docs: [...]}, "10-100": { doc_count: n, docs: [...]}, "100-1000": { doc_count: n, docs: [...]}, "1000+": { doc_count: n, docs: [...]} }

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.