GSOC| Elasticsearch: Speed Up Some Highlighting

Once the application period is over we will evaluate all submitted proposals and rank them. Depending on how many slots we'll get from Google (being a first time organization I wouldn't expect too many), we'll then accept the first X proposals.

For the ranking the two most important things are:

• A good project proposal: You understand the scope and goal of the project and provide a schedule that makes sense. If you want to share your abstract in advance, I've suggested an approach in Regarding Kibana : Calendar Visualization and Filtering - #15 by xeraa — for the Elasticsearch projects that would be nik, igor, and philipp at elastic dot co (alternatively a secret Gist or something similar would also work). We'll do our best to take a look before the application period closes.
  • PR: It's not about opening as many PRs as possible. One good one is better than multiple average or bad ones. Of course the more or the complex PRs you have, the better, but with a complex project like Elasticsearch we don't expect anything spectacular in such a short amount of time.

So I'd write the project proposal next and let us know in case you want a review. If you have more time, more PRs are definitely good with an emphasis to finish started ones.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: