Heap space error (Changes not reflecting even after changes in jvm.options file)

Hi Everyone,

I am using elastic search 5.1.2 in my application which has 1 node 5 indexes. I am running elastic on a windows machine with 4 core and 14 GB RAM.

Java heap space configured was 3G with initial setup, we are having issues with heap space for the past couple of days and we have increased the heap space from 3G to 8G but It is not helping either. Do we need to change the heap space settings else where apart from the JVM file? Any help is highly appreciated.

Few points:

• Your version is a way too old. Upgrade to 6.8 at the very least. Better to go to 7.16. 8.0 is around the corner so definitely you should update, specifically for security reasons.
  • You are using 5 shards per index. With the volume you have, one shard should be enough. I'd suggest to reindex your data although it's not mandatory here.
  • Also, providerseoindex has number of replicas set to 1. You should set it to 0. It won"t change anything but that would give you a green status instead of yellow.

About your heap, check in the 5.1 documentation how to set it properly. I'd suggest that you control that it's correctly set using the cat nodes API.

@dadoonet Thanks for your reply. I have set number of replicas to 0 but it still shows the unassigned shards on my providerseoindex can you please let me know is there a way to remove the unassigned shards.

[quote="Anilkumar061988, post:3, topic:294172"]
Thanks for your reply. I have set number of replicas to 0 but it still shows the unassigned shards on my providerseoindex can you please let me know is there a way to remove the unassigned shards.

How did you do that?

Here is how i am creating my index.

elasticClient.CreateIndex(indexRequest.IndexName, c => c
                                  .Mappings(map => map.Map<ESM.Product>(tmd => tmd.AutoMap()))
                                  .Settings(s =>     
 s.NumberOfReplicas(indexRequest.NoOfReplicas).NumberOfShards(indexRequest.NoOfShards)
                                         .Setting("analysis.analyzer", "str_index_analyzer")
                                         .Setting("analysis.analyzer.str_index_analyzer.type", "custom")
                                         .Setting("analysis.analyzer.str_index_analyzer.tokenizer", "standard")
                                         .Setting("analysis.analyzer.str_index_analyzer.filter.0", "lowercase")
                                         .Setting("analysis.analyzer.str_index_analyzer.filter.1", "substring")
                                         .Setting("analysis.filter.substring.type", "nGram")
                                         .Setting("analysis.filter.substring.min_gram", "4")
                                         .Setting("analysis.filter.substring.max_gram", "50")
                                         .Setting("analysis.filter.substring.token_chars.0", "letter")
                                         .Setting("analysis.filter.substring.token_chars.1", "digit")
                                         .Setting("search.slowlog.threshold.fetch.warn", "1s")

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.