Heepoutofmemory erroe xms and xmx set to 3g but problem not solved

heepoutofmemory erroe xms and xmx set to 3g but problem not solved

cat /var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log | grep -i -E "error|warn"

output of this command:

[2020-03-16T03:59:12,934][INFO ][o.e.n.Node ] [node-1] JVM arguments [-Des.networkaddress.cache.ttl=60, -Des.networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl=10, -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch, -Xss1m, -Djava.awt.headless=true, -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, -Djna.nosys=true, -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow, -Dio.netty.noUnsafe=true, -Dio.netty.noKeySetOptimization=true, -Dio.netty.recycler.maxCapacityPerThread=0, -Dio.netty.allocator.numDirectArenas=0, -Dlog4j.shutdownHookEnabled=false, -Dlog4j2.disable.jmx=true, -Djava.locale.providers=COMPAT, -Xms2g, -Xmx2g, -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC, -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75, -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly, -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp/elasticsearch-13352531301192792164, -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError, -XX:HeapDumpPath=/var/lib/elasticsearch, -XX:ErrorFile=/var/log/elasticsearch/hs_err_pid%p.log, -Xlog:gc*,gc+age=trace,safepoint:file=/var/log/elasticsearch/gc.log:utctime,pid,tags:filecount=32,filesize=64m, -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=1073741824, -Des.path.home=/usr/share/elasticsearch, -Des.path.conf=/etc/elasticsearch, -Des.distribution.flavor=default, -Des.distribution.type=deb, -Des.bundled_jdk=true]

Just increasing the heap randomly will not help you to find out where the memory requirement is coming from.

Your snippet (please format it, this forum supports markdown) only shows a heap of 2g however.

One of the first things is to figure out, when the out of memory exception happens. What is being executed? Can that be tracked down? Special query or an index storm?

ok sir but please help me how may i do these steps

Do you know what happens with your cluster when that exception happens? indexing? querying?

Also, checking the nodes stats API regarding memory may help.

sir is this problem solved if i try to install the whole elk on another computer
i am installiong wazuh setup for school project

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.