Help On Scaling ES

Hi,

Now big season coming up and we need to horizontally scale ES Servers, so my question is

1. Can I add nodes to serve more traffic in real time without taking my system down, if yes then changes which i need to do in simply add address of new machine in existing *yml files of all machine in our cluster, right?
  2. how much time it takes for new node to be part of existing cluster and start serving traffic?
  1. Can I add nodes to serve more traffic in real time without taking my system down, if yes then changes which i need to do in simply add address of new machine in existing *yml files of all machine in our cluster, right?

You don't have to change the configuration of existing cluster nodes, but the new nodes will have to know about the existing nodes.

1. how much time it takes for new node to be part of existing cluster and start serving traffic?

It's a matter of a minute or two. However, if the new node is a data node you'll have to take shard rebalancing into account, and how long that takes obviously depends on the amount of data.

data is only 11 MB, thanks for your reply.