I have application which using older version of elastic 6.6.2 high level rest client search api. We are planning to upgrade our instance to latest version of elastic in coming months.
I am trying to understand the impact on the application which is using 6.6.2 in terms of classes it uses, I have used lot of below classes in my application from 6.6.2 to build the aggregation query and then parse the search response using below -
- SearchRequest, SearchResponse
- TermsAggregationBuilder, TopHitsAggregationBuilder, DateHistogramAggregationBuilder, DateHistogramInterval
- SearchSourceBuilder, BoolQueryBuilder
- metrics.tophits.TopHits, bucket.terms.Terms
- MainResponse, SearchHits, SearchHit
Once my elastic server upgrade to new version then if i upgrade my application which using elastic search api with above classes then how much will be impact on my application after i started using high level rest client version of 7.+ (latest version) ?