Ho to make the URL Drill downs automatic as part of docker image or k8s configmap?

Hi,

we have ingested lots of data to elastic search and visualizing through the Kibana 7.7. We are able to do create drill-down charts but the URL mapping needs to be done manually.

eg: loglevel.keyword -> enable it as URL and provide the template there

But there many fields that need drill down, Is there a way through which we can define these mapping while creating a pod in Kubernetes or Docker. It really helps us reducing the manual effort of doing mapping after the ingestion directly on the instance.

and also Drilldowns are working only on the Data Table visualization but not on any other chart types.

Could you help us here with an approach or any references would really helpful..

Thanks,

Rajesh

Hi @Rajesh_Reddy_N,

Is there a way through which we can define these mapping while creating a pod in Kubernetes or Docker.

There is no official publicly API that allows this. You can create a feature request for exposing and documenting index patterns management APIs. (I briefly searched and didn't find a similar issue)

Index patterns are regular Kibana saved objects, so as a workaround, and you can try to use saved objects API to update/create index patterns. I can see how supporting this could be problematic because there is no guarantee that the underlying index pattern object shape won't change.

also Drilldowns are working only on the Data Table visualization

I suppose you referring to a URL field formatter?

I'd recommend trying out a relatively new Kibana feature: Custom dashboard actions (aka drilldowns).

Maybe you can achieve desired results by combining these two drilldown approaches.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.