How can I create (or get closest to create) a convex hull with geo aggregation

Hello fellow searchers!

I have an index with some millions geographic coordinates, each one representing agricultural soil information. I have 2-3 millions hectares of data in a resolution of 25 points per hectare.

With each point (its a GeoPoint type), I have some keywords to help me aggregate these data. I already have queries to extract a lot of information with this. I can get bbox, centroids and other things from this aggregated cloud points.

What I need now is extract the polygon for a query result. I could do this in Python/GDAL using convex hull, but for each geographic coordinate I have several information and the data volume could be too high to load over http to my API. I can make filters, but I risk to get a wrong boundary because I could not have sure about how many points its enough to define the boundary.

The better way I could think is creating this Convex Hull with Elasticsearch as a result of an aggregation, but I don't know enough of Elasticsearch to know if it is possible and I don't know how to do this. There's a way to write a custom aggregation for it? Something in Python or Java that I can install in my server and call it from my queries?

There are already something like this?

Ty All!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.