How can I set up autodiscovery for Dockerized mysql metrics and logs using Elastic Agent managed by Fleet?

Judging from Can I monitor apache inside a docker container? and Autodiscover | Metricbeat Reference [8.4] | Elastic there should be a way to configure autodiscovery of my MySQL/MariaDB containers.

When I try adding a MySQL Metrics integration, though, I don't see any fields I could use for the autodiscover configuration.

Same story for Docker Metrics integration.

For logs, I'm sure I could use Custom Logs integrations just fine, but I'm pretty sure that adding Metricbeat autodiscovery config there wouldn't work... I believe the custom logs "custom configurations" field becomes part of Filebeat's config. So that wouldn't work for Metricbeat configuration.

My specific set up is a Docker Swarm with 3 managers, 3 workers, all on Ubuntu 22.04. Elastic Agent is installed directly on the vm's. It is NOT in a container. Agent is managed via Fleet in Kibana.

FYI, I'd also like to configure autodiscovery of Apache Status metrics.

Has anyone figured this out? Would you mind sharing?

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.