How can I stop filters from following me to other dashboards?

Hello,

I know that filters can be pinned or unpinned but is there a way to stop the filters from following me to other dashboards? I don't want to always manually pin a filter so it can stay?

Hi @erikg ,

Assuming you have dashboard 1 and dashboard 2 using the same data view. If you apply filter on the first one, not pinned, saved or not saved for dashboard 1, if you go to dashboard 2, the filter won't be there. This is expected behaviour. The filter must be pinned to "travel" across apps.

I just check it on Kibana 8.13.0. What version are you on and maybe the scenario is different?

Best , Dima

1 Like

Hello @Dzmitry ,

I am on 8.12.2
I think the issue might be coming from 'Links'.

Although I have selected to NOT use the filters from origin dashboard and saving the changes, it keeps returning back to enabled:

Could you share more details how the dashboard was created (cloned, imported or just a new one) and if any of its visualisations has its own filters?

Regards, Dima

Hey @Dzmitry ,

This dashboard is been the same but I do notice this happened once I added a new link to Links Panel.

So basically I had a list of dashboards and I disabled the option to allow filters from origin dashboard for all links.

It works as expected, but once I need to add a new link to Links. I continued to disable the option. After adding a filter, it follows me to the other dashboards and I check the links panel and some links have the options enabled.

I think its a bug.

in kibana advanced settings there is a setting, it might be enabled. :

Pin filters by default

Whether the filters should have a global state (be pinned) by default
filters:pinnedByDefault
Off

1 Like