How Design my business to elastic indexes

Hi All,
Please can you help me to how I can design my business case to elastic indexes.
My business case : we have users that can make many transactions and for each transaction can have many products .
In Relational Data base we have Table for users and table for users and transaction and table for transactions and products .
We used join to select between the tables . How I can design this in elastic ?
I suggest to create one index and contains nested objects for transaction and nested object for products .
Please can you help me to design my business case.

There are a couple of factor you need to consider, but first of all: don't think in "SQL terms". It's handy to visualize the relationships, but with Elasticsearch you are asked to think differently. Instead of your data split/spread out into different topical tables, you are supposed to think of a structured 'document'.

• how you structure your documents (define your field mappings) should depend on how you need to query those documents
  • to take a document-centric approach, you need to denormalize your data

So instead of a separate entity relationship like User -> Transaction -> Product, you might just have a transaction document, that contains a nested products array of objects along with a user object.

• you can query to find transactions containing a given product(s)
  • you can query to find transactions for a specific user

Something like:

{
  "user": {
    "id": 101,
    "name": "Frank Sinatra"
  },
  "value": 159.78,
  "currency": "USD",
  "products: [{
    "price": 14.95
    "currency": "USD"
    "count": 5,
    "name": "6' Pool Noodle"
  }, {
    "price": 34.92
    "currency": "USD"
    "count": 2,
    "name": "Rotten Zucchini"
  }]
}

But, as I said earlier - it largely depends on how you want to query the data.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.