How do add a third party plugin to integ test cluster before running tests?

I have a plugin I'm developing that relies on another person's plugin. I would like to add their plugin to the list of plugins installed on the integ test cluster in my gradle file. What's the best way to do that?

Also where would I find the most up to date information around using integTestCluster/integTestRunner?

It depends how you consume the other plugin. If it is in maven, you can use mavenPlugin like this:

integTestCluster {
    mavenPlugin 'mygroup:myartifact:1.0.0'
}

If the plugin is another project within your build, you can specify that project:

integTestCluster {
    plugin ':path:to:plugin'
}

Unfortunately those are the only two ways using the legacy ClusterFormationTasks that integ tests were built with, although you might be able to install a plugin from a file using setupCommand.

For up to date information, at the moment, you would need to follow the development in the elasticsearch repo, under buildSrc. There is a lot of great stuff happening there, which we intend to document for plugin developers, but there is no specific timeline.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.