How do we fetch just the latest records from the input file and put them in output file?

Hi all,

Im trying to write the input data from input file to output file. I've put the below option in filebeats.yml file to copy the input to output.
output.file:
path: "/home/cloudera/Desktop"
filename: outB

But the problem is, for the first time I have one record "rec-1". When I run the filebeats, it is moving the records from input to output. My output file now contains: "rec-1"
But when enter another record in the input "rec-2", it is taking "rec-1, rec-2" from the input file and updating the output file. My output file now contains: "rec-1", "rec-1", "rec-2"
Can anyone tell me if there is any way to take just the latest updated records and put only those records in the output file ?
in mycase: my output file should have only: "rec-1","rec-2".
Thanks in advance.

• Can you share your full filebeat config? Please use 3 ` (ticks) around the config to preserver indenation
  • Please share your filebeat log output
  • How do you update the file to append content?
  • Which filebeat version are you using?

[quote="bobbysidhartha, post:3, topic:80240, full:true"]

1. YML file looks like:#=========================== Filebeat prospectors =============================filebeat.prospectors:
  • input_type: log

Paths that should be crawled and fetched. Glob based paths.

paths:

• /home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB
      #- /var/log/*.log
      #- c:\programdata\elasticsearch\logs*
      #=========================== Filebeat prospectors =============================
      #----------------------------- Writing output file-----------------------------
      output.file:
      path: "/home/cloudera/Desktop"
      filename: outBechnique.
      #----------------------------- Writing output file-----------------------------
  1. Currently my input file contain 4 lines: rec, rec2, rec3, rec4
    Output file:{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:17:58.910Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec","offset":4,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:17:58.910Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec2","offset":9,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:17:58.910Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec3","offset":14,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:25:38.982Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec","offset":4,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:25:38.982Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec2","offset":9,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:25:38.982Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec3","offset":14,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:25:38.982Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec4","offset":19,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:25:58.985Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec","offset":4,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:25:58.985Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec2","offset":9,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:25:58.985Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec3","offset":14,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}`{"@timestamp":"2017-03-28T07:25:58.985Z","beat":{"hostname":"quickstart.cloudera","name":"quickstart.cloudera","version":"5.2.2"},"input_type":"log","message":"rec4","offset":19,"source":"/home/cloudera/Desktop/inpB","type":"log"}
  2. Im asking for any suggestion. Im trying to append the data but Im failing as I don't know the proper the proper technique.
  3. The version Im using is: 5.2.2

Can you try for format your post above? Or otherwise can you create a gist and link it here?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.