How Elasticsearch Working With Big Data?

Hi everyone,

Can you explain me in detail how Elasticsearch working with Big Data? Elasticsearch mechanism when processing Big Data?

I'm really really need information about Elasticsearch mechanism when its processing Big Data.

Best Regards

This question is too open-ended for anyone to give you a good answer. Please try to be more specific.

Hi @magnusbaeck,
I mean how Elasticsearch indexing, Searching, Analyzing Big Data?
I cannot find it on elastic.co page.

Unfortunately this question is still too vague. What do you mean by 'Big Data'? This term means different things to different people. What is the requirement that you are actually needing to solve? e.g. How to get data from Hadoop into Elasticsearch?

I only want to summarize how it processing the Big Data (huge data sets: structure and non-structure data). If you felt this question is too vague, you can give me some LINKS or DOCUMENTS for consulting ^^.
Thanks you.

The general coping strategy for "Big Data" is to use the age-old tactic of "divide and conquer".

The dividing strategy is typically called "sharding" and involves putting only a subset of your overall data onto each machine. Queries can then run in parallel on many machines and then merge the results from many smaller pots of data faster than it would take to produce the same results if you used a single machine to search one very large pot of data.

Elasticsearch is not alone in adopting this approach. For general background here's a Wikipedia article[1]

1 Like

Thank for your helps, but i need more in formation in detail about how Elasticsearch process Big Data (Not focus on ES-Hadoop). Can anyone help me ? T.T

Please, you must understand that the question is too vague. You will not get a useful answer as it stands. The Elasticsearch: The Definitive Guide book does a good job at explaining how Elasticsearch works. I suggest you start by reading it, and after a while you'll be able to ask more specific questions.

Thanks you so much @magnusbaeck .
I understood what i need to do :smile: