How read or analyze content of state.st file?

Hi, please help.
I got excetion on elasticsearch 2.3.5 (lucen 5.5.0)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: failed to read [id:1, legacy:false, file:/esdata/elasticsearch/nodes/0/indices/ta4TwW_jS1WJl7PhghEW-Q/_state/state-1.st]
	at org.elasticsearch.gateway.MetaDataStateFormat.loadLatestState(MetaDataStateFormat.java:304)
	... 50 more
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.gateway.CorruptStateException: Format version is not supported (resource SimpleFSIndexInput(path="/esdata/elasticsearch/nodes/0/indices/ta4TwW_jS1WJl7PhghEW-Q/_state/state-1.st")): 1 (needs to be between 0 and 0)
	at org.apache.lucene.codecs.CodecUtil.checkHeaderNoMagic(CodecUtil.java:216)

Tool lluke 5.5.0 can read index folders in folder ta4TwW_jS1WJl7PhghEW-Q and says that documents are generated by lucene 5.3 or later.

So I dont' know what is wrong.
How can I inspect content of state.st files?

State files are SMILE-encoded files with additional checksum and version headers, there isn't a way to really read them, however, you can use a hex editor to inspect the contents of the state file (to see what it contains)

Do you perhaps have a backup copy of the data that you can restore a non-corrupt version of the state from?

1 Like

Yes, I have backup. Thanks for your advice about hex editor.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.