How :sql_last_value works with jdbc_page_size?

I created logstash config to index data from MySQL DB in Elasticsearch by schedule.
Here is my config:
> input {

jdbc {
    jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:mysql://mysql:3306/smartlikes_staging"
    jdbc_user => "root"
    jdbc_password => ""
    jdbc_driver_library => "jdbc-driver.jar"
    jdbc_driver_class => "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
    jdbc_page_size => 100000
    jdbc_paging_enabled => true
    use_column_value => true
    tracking_column => "updatedat"
    tracking_column_type => "timestamp"
    schedule => "*/2 * * * *"
    last_run_metadata_path => "/configs/products/.logstash_jdbc_last_run"
    statement => "SELECT id, title, brand, description FROM products WHERE updatedAt > :sql_last_value ORDER BY id"
  }
}
filter {
    mutate {
        add_field => { "[@metadata][product_id]" => "%{id}" }
    }
    mutate {
        remove_field => ["id"]
    }
}
output {
  stdout { codec => json_lines }
  elasticsearch {
    "hosts" => "elasticsearch:9200"
    "index" => "products"
    "doc_as_upsert" => true
    "action" => "update"
    "document_type" => "_doc"
    "document_id" => "%{[@metadata][product_id]}"
  }
}

The problem is:
When I run Logstash I expect that it will load all items from the DB match the query (including pagination) and will send them page after page to the ES. And it will happen every 2 minutes. But actually what I have is: it runs approximately each 5 minutes and sends only one page to the ES at once. So, if I start Logstash and there is "--- 2019-04-03 00:00:00.000000000 Z" in .logstash_jdbc_last_run file it loads first 100.000 items and sends them to the ES. The value in .logstash_jdbc_last_run has not changed. Then it starts again after 5 minutes and sends next 100.000 items to the ES.
When it finished, the value in .logstash_jdbc_last_run file has been successfully updated to the latest actual value from updatedAt column (that is ok).

It's not critically though. At least I can increase page size and make it run often. But seems something is going wrong here or my config is invalid.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.