How to avoid "Test abandoned because suite timeout was reached"?

I've forked the elasticsearch repo, and when running the tests I get:

12:14:27.619 [LIFECYCLE] [org.gradle.api.Task] ERROR 0.45s | IntegTestZipClientYamlTestSuiteIT.test {p0=search.aggregation/150_stats_metric/Metadata test} <<< FAILURES!
12:14:27.629 [LIFECYCLE] [org.gradle.api.Task] > Throwable #1: java.lang.Exception: Test abandoned because suite timeout was reached.
12:14:27.630 [LIFECYCLE] [org.gradle.api.Task] > at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([B39F71CB856EB1DD]:0)

A few lines below:

12:14:27.720 [LIFECYCLE] [org.gradle.api.Task] ERROR 0.00s | IntegTestZipClientYamlTestSuiteIT (suite) <<< FAILURES!
12:14:27.721 [LIFECYCLE] [org.gradle.api.Task] > Throwable #1: java.lang.Exception: Suite timeout exceeded (>= 1800000 msec).

Can elaborate a little bit on why this happen and how to avoid it?

So there is a configurable timeout, that is also mentioned in TESTING.asciidoc

Wondering however why the tests are slow. Either this runs on slower hardware or you have some timeouts occuring that do not happen on our development machines.

What operating system is this on?

It's Windows 10, java 8, running on a 8GB RAM laptop. I don't think the hardware is specially slow, but test do take quite some time, 90 to 120 minutes. How long should they take?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.