How to calculate Net Promoter Score and display in Kibana?

Is there a way I can calculate and display NPS in Kibana?

I can see that I can add scripted fields that allow me to manipulate the value from a single document field, but is there a way to display the result of a calculation based on the results from multiple queries? I have a feeling that this can only be done by building a Kibana plugin?

For example, if I have a field (call it score) can I calculate a result based on all scores from 3 queries:

I.e

Query 1 - Count all scores in date range
Query 2 - Count all scores > 8 in date range
Query 3 - Count all scores < 7 in date range

Display result of:

(query 2 * 100 / query 1) - (query 3 * 100 / query 1)

If this does require a plugin then let me know if you're available to write one for me!

Thanks.

We don't currently have a way to combine multiple queries together, so I can't think of a way to make this happen without writing a plugin.

There's a plugin generator available to help you get started with that, if it's something you do want to take on.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I know my way around Ember but have no experience of Angular. I'm probably going to need to find a freelance dev to help. do you know anybody? It's a simple plugin so hopefully should not take much effort.

Regards,

Rob

If you were able to pick up Ember, you should also be able to pick up Angular. Between the generator and all the code in Kibana, you've got a ton of examples to work with, and the core devs, as well as some very experienced and helpful community members, are in the IRC channel (#kibana on freenode) to answer questions as well. Assuming you've got the time, of course.

Hi Joe,

Thanks again for responding.

Yes, time is the issue! I think I'm going to have to take the plunge though as there are quite a few changes that will be required to support the new functionality that I need.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Joe,

OK, tried to install kibana 4.2 and 4.3 dev environment (mac with node v0.12.7). Kibana starts without issue but I get a whole load of CSS errors - looks like less is not being compiled.

Is this similar to the issue you have raised here:

https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/6885

Any hints as to what I'm doing wrong? Can you recommend best forum to go to to get help with this?

Here's the first of many errors that I see:

ERROR in ./src/ui/public/styles/dark-variables.less Module build failed: ModuleBuildError: Module build failed: URIError: URI malformed at decodeURIComponent (native) at /Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/autoprefixer-loader/node_modules/loader-utils/index.js:101:12 at Array.forEach (native) at Object.parseQuery (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/autoprefixer-loader/node_modules/loader-utils/index.js:78:12) at Object.module.exports (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/autoprefixer-loader/index.js:12:30) at DependenciesBlock.onModuleBuildFailed (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/webpack/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:315:19) at nextLoader (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/webpack/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:270:31) at /Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/webpack/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:292:15 at runSyncOrAsync (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/webpack/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:173:4) at nextLoader (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/webpack/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:290:3) at /Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/webpack/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:292:15 at context.callback (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/webpack/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:148:14) at /Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less-loader/index.js:80:3 at /Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less/lib/less/render.js:35:17 at /Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less/lib/less/parse.js:63:17 at Object.finish [as _finish] (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less/lib/less/parser/parser.js:183:28) at Object.ImportVisitor._onSequencerEmpty (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less/lib/less/visitors/import-visitor.js:35:14) at ImportSequencer.tryRun (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less/lib/less/visitors/import-sequencer.js:50:14) at Object.ImportVisitor.run (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less/lib/less/visitors/import-visitor.js:29:25) at Object.Parser.parse (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less/lib/less/parser/parser.js:189:22) at Object.parse (/Users/rbennett/kibana/node_modules/less/lib/less/parse.js:61:18) @ ./optimize/bundles/kibana.entry.js 70:0-40

You don't really need the dev environment, you can also build a new plugin and test it on a non-dwv setup.

Anyway, I could work on your plugin. I have developed a number of them (check https://github.com/JuanCarniglia to see them).

Let me know

Hi Juan,

Thanks - I've sent an email to your j***********i@gmail.com address as found on Github.