How to change directory for path.data and path.logs in elasticsearch in cent Operating system 7.7?

How to change directory for path.data and path.logs in elasticsearch in cent Operating system 7.7?

I tried to change the path manually in yml file. But every time error is popping out and its failing due to configuration issue.

Error is stating : ERROR Unable to create file /home/user/new_path/logs/file.log java.io.IOException: Could not create directory /home/user/new_path/logs/

Does the directory /home/user/new_path/ exist?

Maybe the permissions are not correct.

I opened elasticsearch.yml file, then changed path.log to /home/user_name/new_path_to_logs and path.data to /home/user_user/new_path_to_data. And then when I tried sudo systemctl start Elasticsearch. Error which I got is stating : ERROR Unable to create file /home/user/new_path/logs/file.log java.io.IOException: Could not create directory /home/user/new_path/logs/

Did you try to execute sudo systemctl reload Elasticsearch before restarting it?

I used : systemctl daemon-reload elasticsearch before and after every modification done on yml file.
Still it didn't work.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.