How to deactivate the APM agent remotely (ex stop APM monitoring on an application remotely)?

Hi
I have a few question about APM:
Q1) How to deactivate the APM agent remotely (ex stop APM monitoring on an application remotely)?
Q2) Is there a way to set secured access (RBAC & segregated access) on APM resources such as

• APM indices (read),
  • APM service(s)
    Customer is saying that “space” utilisation in kibana is not able to segregate finely access to apm ressources. It is access to all “APM & User experience features”
    Q3) Is there any indication on the APM footprint (CPU, memory) on targeted servers / instances? I presume on the APM transactions...
    Please advise, Thanks

Hi @Reza_Khodabaccus ,

1. Yes, through Central configuration, you should set the recording option (I assumed you are using the Java agent).

2. I really don't know here

3. The agent is designed for minimal impact, but it can't be really estimated beforehand as it's very application and load-specific. Here is the official documentation for details on agent performance and tuning. Default configuration should only be modified when abnormal overhead is observed when the agent is active.

You can definitely do question 2 with RBAC - User authorization | Elasticsearch Guide [7.15] | Elastic

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.