I updated my elasticsearch.yml file to disable automatic index creation
(works great) and to disable indexing of unknown fields (not so great):
I fully shutdown ElasticSearch 0.90.8, then removed the default mappings
that were in elasticsearch.yml, then reinstalled and restarted ES. Existing
test case documents loaded correctly.
But when I added a document with a field that was not defined in the
mapping, the document was added anyway, and the document could be retrieved
by an indexed query against that new field.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/c22738d6-c900-45b6-a513-1766e1bb71cd%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.