How to Disable SSL Certificate Verification for Logstash-Plugin (installing plugins)

This is more of an information post than a question, because I noticed several unanswered questions along these lines while searching for a solution myself.
The problem occurs when trying to use bin/logstash-plugin to install a plugin behind a corporate firewall where the SSL certificate cannot be verified. One encounters a ruby error saying ERROR: Something went wrong when installing <PLUGIN>, message: certificate verify failed.

Well, I found a solution after some digging which seems to have worked for me.

You will need to edit a file called ${LOGSTASH_HOME}/lib/pluginmanager/install.rb

Somewhere near the beginning of the file (I placed it just after the "require" statements), place the following line of code:
OpenSSL::SSL.const_set(:VERIFY_PEER, OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE)

Now when you run bin/logstash-plugin install you will get a big warning message from Ruby telling how you should not be disabling certificate verification, but your plugin should install correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.