How to Increase Elasticsearch node configuration without Enterprise Cloud

(Kran) #1

Is there a way I can increase elasticsearch nodes using AWS CLI or using the ElasticSearch Rest endpoint by using a Rest Client ?. I can think of only with 2 options using AWS CLI or Rest Endpoint. I have 2 master nodes and 4 client/data nodes. I want to increase the master nodes to 3 and client/data nodes to 5. Also I dont have access to Enterprise cloud to modify the cluster configuration.

Appreciate your reply for any references. Thanks.

(David Pilato) #2

No.

You need to start the other instances manually.

Why do you mention AWS CLI? Running on AWS? Or using elasticsearch service by AWS? Can you be more specific?

(Kran) #3

Sure. Here is the scenario. We want to increase the nodes dynamically when we need to increase based on our production load. I could think of using AWS CLI as we are using elasticsearch service provided by AWS. Any idea if this could work ? also I have tried using hitting the Rest endpoint of our elasticsearch domain by passing the increased configuration but it didnt work as we are using managed elastic search service.

(Kran) #4

I think it works using AWS CLI and currently my cluster is in processing state I would post an update as soon it completes. Thanks

(David Pilato) #5

We want to increase the nodes dynamically when we need to increase based on our production load.

Just a thought. We never implemented an automatic cluster sizing on cloud.elastic.co and I think there are very good reasons for that. One of the reasons I believe is that I don't want my cluster to rebalance all the shards all the time.

I'd prefer sending "alerts" and then ask a ops to do the job if really needed.

Just my 0.05 cents.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.