How to Increase Elasticsearch node configuration without Enterprise Cloud

Is there a way I can increase elasticsearch nodes using AWS CLI or using the ElasticSearch Rest endpoint by using a Rest Client ?. I can think of only with 2 options using AWS CLI or Rest Endpoint. I have 2 master nodes and 4 client/data nodes. I want to increase the master nodes to 3 and client/data nodes to 5. Also I dont have access to Enterprise cloud to modify the cluster configuration.

Appreciate your reply for any references. Thanks.

No.

You need to start the other instances manually.

Why do you mention AWS CLI? Running on AWS? Or using elasticsearch service by AWS? Can you be more specific?

Sure. Here is the scenario. We want to increase the nodes dynamically when we need to increase based on our production load. I could think of using AWS CLI as we are using elasticsearch service provided by AWS. Any idea if this could work ? also I have tried using hitting the Rest endpoint of our elasticsearch domain by passing the increased configuration but it didnt work as we are using managed elastic search service.

I think it works using AWS CLI and currently my cluster is in processing state I would post an update as soon it completes. Thanks

We want to increase the nodes dynamically when we need to increase based on our production load.

Just a thought. We never implemented an automatic cluster sizing on cloud.elastic.co and I think there are very good reasons for that. One of the reasons I believe is that I don't want my cluster to rebalance all the shards all the time.

I'd prefer sending "alerts" and then ask a ops to do the job if really needed.

Just my 0.05 cents.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.